College Assistance Migrant Program

College Assistance Migrant Program – CAMP

If you are applying to Heritage University and have a migrant/seasonal farmworker background, the College Assistance Migrant Program (CAMP) is for you.

CAMP is designed to help students begin their college careers. CAMP participants will receive a variety of services including personalized one on one academic advising, peer mentor program, multicultural enrichment, and college success seminars.


You can participate in the CAMP if you meet the following:

  • U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
  • Enrolled full time (at least 12 credits per semester) at Heritage University and not beyond your first academic year in college
  • Eligible to participate, or have participated, in the Migrant Education Program or the National Farmworker Jobs Program
  • Have, or have at least one immediate family member who has spent a minimum of 75 days during the past 24 months as a migrant or seasonal farm worker — farm work is defined as any activity directly related to:
    • the production of crops
    • dairy products
    • poultry
    • livestock
    • tree harvesting
    • fish farms

Below are the enrollment requirements for the College Assistant Migrant Program (CAMP):

  1. Apply and be accepted to Heritage University
  2. Complete and submit a CAMP application with essay and Release of Information form
  3. Apply for FAFSA and provide a copy to CAMP
  4. Provided proof of eligibility — requires copies of the following:
    1. Migrant Education Program Identification # or Certificate of Eligibility from Migrant Education Program
    2. Work history affidavit of student and/or immediate family member
    3. Official letter from employer and pay stubs verifying 75 days of migrant work in the last two years.
    4. A copy of the eligibility contract from the WIA-167 (OIC Washington Farmworker Investment Program or NCAC).

Contact Us


Phone: (509) 865-8695

Office Hours

Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Apply Now

Learn More