Welcome to the ASC homepage! The Academic Skills Center (ASC) at Heritage University is committed to academic excellence and provides services that are accessible for all students. The ASC provides tutoring services for all major subjects including mathematics, science, writing, history, social science, and critical thinking. You can choose from a variety of skilled tutors who know what it is like to work hard to improve academically. Most HU tutors are students themselves and are here to help you! In the ASC, students can find study space to work, study in small groups with support, get one-on-one tutoring, attend tutor-led workshops, and use computers. Tutors are available for drop-ins or you can schedule a tutoring appointment.
To schedule an appointment with a tutor, use the link below:
Schedule An Appointment
Smarthinking Online Tutoring
The ASC also provides 24/7 online tutoring in all subjects through Smarthinking. Smarthinking is a service that will connect you with qualified tutors from a variety of subjects. All HU students have access to Smarthinking tutoring services.
To access Smarthinking Online tutoring, follow the steps listed below:
- Navigate to http://heritage.myheritage.edu
- Login with your username and password
- Click the Student Services tab
- Select the “Academic Skills Center” link on the left-side of the page
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on “Launch the Smarthinking Online Tutoring” link
- You will then have access to the online writing center, drop in tutoring, schedule tutoring, and offline questions.
If you run out of time with your Smarthinking account, please contact Tamera Wiley-Fauth at firstname.lastname@example.org