• The American Red Cross has an emergency need for blood and platelets.
• Imagine if someone you love needed a blood type that was missing from hospital shelves.
• Without more blood donors now, hospitals may not have the blood needed to save lives.
• You are the #MissingType, and patients need you. Help the American Red Cross meet the emergency need for blood and combat a summer blood shortage.
• Donations are urgently needed now to help ensure blood types don’t go missing.
• Eligible donors with types O, A negative and B negative blood are urged to make a Power Red donation, where available.
• Schedule an appointment today by using the free Red Cross Blood Donor App, visiting RedCrossBlood.org or calling 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767).
• Donors can save up to 15 minutes by using RapidPass to complete the pre-donation reading and health history questionnaire online. For more information, visit RedCrossBlood.org/RapidPass.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
• Achieving or exceeding your blood drive goal is critical and can help replenish the blood supply.
• Please ensure your blood drive schedule is fully booked.
• Send appointment reminders to scheduled donors. If donors cannot keep their appointments, encourage them to download the Red Cross Blood Donor App, visit RedCrossBlood.org or call 1-800-RED CROSS to find another donation opportunity.
• Keep a list of “standby” donors who are ready to jump in when an unexpected opening becomes available.
• Encourage friends and family who have never donated blood to give at your drive and throughout the summer to help fill the gaps and sustain the blood supply.
• If you have not registered to be a Missing Types partner, register today and gain access to many great tools to help you spread the word about your drive and Missing Types throughout the rest of the summer.
Blood Program Partner
For Use: July 9-31, 2018
Your Red Cross representative can answer questions and provide support. Post the messages below to social media and ask your committee members and donors to share:
• #BloodEmergency – No matter your blood type, you are the #MissingType. Please give blood <date> from <time> to <time> at <location> & help the Red Cross restock the shelves.
• rcblood.org/MissingTypes You are the #MissingType and can help the Red Cross overcome a #BloodEmergency: 1. Make an appointment to give blood (rcblood.org/MissingTypes). 2. Invite a friend to join you and give. 3. Spread the word.