Facilitate the development of culturally competent professional leaders who can accept the challenges and responsibilities as integral members of the health care team.
- Promote medical laboratory entry-level competencies.
- Instill self-confidence and respect for human dignity while promoting the laboratory profession.
- Fill the work force needs of our clinical laboratory partners in multicultural and rural communities.
The Yakima School of Medical Technology was founded in 1970 by the Yakima pathologist group to supply Central Washington with certified, competent Medical Technologists. Between 1974 and 2006 the program was sponsored first by Central Washington University and then by Yakima Regional Medical and Cardiac Center. In July of 2006, Heritage University took over the sponsorship of the Medical Laboratory Science program. Our clinical affiliates are located throughout the Yakima Valley as well as Walla Walla and Northeastern OR.
The Heritage University Medical Laboratory Science Program is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) located at 5600 N. River Rd Suite 720 Rosemont, IL, 60018-5119
- Application deadline: March 1st
- Minimum cumulative GPA to apply: 2.5; Science GPA: 2.7
- 4 + 1 or 3 + 1 (HU) options
- ASCP BOC pass rate/score above the national average
- MLS Job Placement: 100%
- 52-week program
Medical Laboratory Science Program
Phone: (509) 865-8642
SOC Code 29-2011 Medical or Clinical Lab Technologist; Blood Banking Technologist
Length of time to normal completion:
Full academic year
95% (3 yr average)
14% (3 yr average)
Tuition, books, fees: $29,000 for program year
Financial assistance is available
Certification Exam Pass Rate (2017-19):
92% (scores above national average on ASCP exam)
44% (3 yr average)