You can now schedule COMPASS testing online! Click here to schedule your preferred testing time today!
The Heritage University Testing Center offers a variety of testing services at competitive fees and alternative hours. The Testing Center is located on the Toppenish campus in the Academic Skills Center inside the Kathleen Ross Center Building.
The Testing Center provides services to:
Placement testing is required for new or transfer students who have applied for admission to Heritage University and do not bring college-level credit for English and/or mathematics. Test results determine students’ placement in English, mathematics, and reading, ensuring greater student success as they begin their academic careers at Heritage University.
Faculty and Current Students
The Testing Center administers make-up and accommodation testing through coordination with faculty and students. Make-up and accommodation testing appointments can be scheduled on Fridays from 8:00am to 6:00pm.
The Heritage University Testing Center offers proctored testing services and COMPASS placement testing for members of the Yakima Valley community.
Directions and Map
Testers must bring picture ID, arrive on campus 15 minutes prior to the test time, and report to the Student Services Building in order to obtain a Visitor's Parking Permit and pay for the test.
From I-82 North
- Take Exit 58 -- Granger onto Highway 223. Travel down Hwy 223 approximately 3.5 miles.
- At the stop sign, turn right onto Highway 22. Travel approximately 5 miles to the second stop light (note: Hwy 22 becomes Hwy 97 in Toppenish).
- Turn left at the second stoplight onto Fort Road. Proceed 3 miles on Fort Road. Heritage University will be on your left.
From I-82 South
- From I-82 South, merge onto I-97 South at Exit 37.
- Continue for approximately 8 miles on Hwy 97. At the third traffic light, turn right onto South Wapato Road.
- Proceed approximately 3.5 miles to the stop sign at Fort Road and turn left.
- University is one mile down Fort Road on the right. Parking is on the east side of the campus just past the buildings.