Scholarship materials are now being accepted for spring 2015 semester starting in January of 2015. If you are a new student starting the HU105 MIT or M.A. in English program please follow the instructions below to submit your application materials by December 1st, 2014. If you have any questions, contact Magnus Altmayer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Heritage University President's Scholarship for Outstanding Graduate Students (2014-2015)
The Heritage University President's Scholarship for Outstanding Graduate Students exists to support remarkable students pursuing master's degrees and certificates in selected fields at Heritage University.
The President's Scholarship is available to new full-time graduate students pursuing one of the following degrees/certificates:
- Master In Teaching (M.I.T);
- Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Organizational Leadership, including specializations;
- Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Educational Administration;
- Master of Arts (M.A.) in English;
- Washington State Principal or Program Administrator Certificate.
The ideal candidate for the President's Scholarship will:
- Have an exemplary academic record;
- Share the Heritage Passion to change lives, work with traditionally underserved populations, and pay forward the gift of education;
- Be respected by professionals able to judge his or her capacity to excel in a challenging graduate program and beyond; and,
- Have limited economic resources.
Preference will be given to candidates meeting all four criteria. However, candidates do not need to meet all four criteria to receive an award.
Application Requirements and Instructions
To apply for the scholarship, submit the following materials to Magnus Altmayer via email at email@example.com.
- Academic Achievement - Submit transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate coursework and any relevant test results (SAT, GRE, WEST-B, WEST-E, etc.). Official transcripts may be mailed to the Heritage University Office of Admissions at 3240 Fort Road, Toppenish, WA 98948.
- Personal Statement - In 500 words or less, answer the following question:
The Heritage University community— students, faculty and staff— share a common mission, vision, and passion. We strive to change lives, work with traditionally underserved populations, and pay forward the gift of education. How will you use your degree to further the mission of Heritage University?
- Letter of Recommendation - Obtain one letter of reference from a professional who can speak to your persistence, your commitment to learning and your ability to succeed in a challenging graduate program and beyond. Have your reference email the letter directly to Magnus Altmayer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Demonstrated Financial Need - Complete the 2014-2015 FAFSA and include "Heritage University" to ensure that financial information is transmitted to the Heritage University Office of Financial Aid. Applicants may also include a short statement (250 words or less) describing their financial need.
Award Amount: Between $1,000 and $20,000
Disbursement Method and Terms: Awards will be split evenly over the total length of the program (e.g. $5,000 award for a 5-semester M.Ed. program will be distributed as a $1,000 award each semester) contingent upon the student's continued full-time participation and success in all coursework and program activities. Awards may be discontinued if a student fails to make satisfactory progress or to uphold his or her academic and personal commitment to the scholarship mission.
Eligibility: Only students enrolling for the first time in one of the specified Heritage University graduate programs are eligible. Employees of Heritage University and their family members are not eligible. Students who have earned an associate or bachelor’s degree at Heritage University are eligible only if they meet all other eligibility requirements. All scholarship selection decisions are final and are at the complete discretion of Heritage University. Heritage University reserves the right to update or modify these terms at any time.
For any questions please contact:
Assistant Director, Office of Admissions