Eligibility Requirements and Benefits
"Helping you to meet your academic, career, and personal goals"
Fill out the TRiO-S3 application >>
Who is eligible to apply?
To be eligible, students must be enrolled at Heritage University either part-time or full-time and meet at least ONE of the following criteria:
- First-generation college student (the parents or person that raised you does not have a bachelor’s degree)
- Low income (see “Federal Low-income Eligibility” listed below in the application)
- Have a documented disability
If you meet at least one of these criteria and have an academic need, you may apply to join the TRiO/S3 program by filling out the application form.
What are the benefits of being a TRiO/S3 participant?
- Academic, Personal, and Professional Advising
- Career Guidance and Seminars
- Free Tutoring
- College Success Workshops
- Cultural Enrichment Activities
- TRiO/S3 Scholarship
(You must be active in program activities, however participation does not guarantee a scholarship.)
How much does it cost and what is required from you?
All of the services provided through TRiO/S3 at Heritage University are FREE. You are required to meet with your TRiO/S3 advisor to complete an Individual Success Plan (ISP) every semester as well as participate in three (3) TRiO/S3 sponsored events. Students who do not meet these requirements are not eligible to participate in off campus activities or apply for the TRiO/S3 scholarship awarded every spring. You must also maintain a 2.0 GPA and be enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credits at Heritage University.
For more information please contact Program Assistant, Corina Patina at 509.865.8514 or via email at S3trio@heritage.edu.