Petition to Establish
An Official Heritage University Club/Organization
PDF Form- Word Document
- Under Heritage University policy 7.1.6 Campus Organizations, to apply as an official Heritage University Club:
- There must be at least five (5) Heritage University students as members.
- The advisor (and all designees) must be a full-time employee of Heritage University and approved by the Dean of Students. The advisor or previously approved designee must be present at all club functions (meetings and activities).
- Submit this form and a constitution for the club to the Student Life Activities Coordinator.
- Notify the Student Life Activities Coordinator in writing of changes in officers, meeting times, Associated Student Body Representatives or any other pertinent information.
- Your club will become official when affirmed by the Dean of Students under the direction of the Student Life Advisory Committee. Please allow one month to process the petition after initial request has been submitted to Student Life.
NOTE: Potential clubs may call membership meetings on campus for the purpose of forming the club.
- Recognized clubs at Heritage University receive the following rights:
- Use of the Heritage University name.
- Use of the Heritage University facilities for meetings and activities.
- Use of Heritage University communication media.
- Recognition in Heritage University publications.
- The right to publicize club activities and conduct fund raisers and solicit donations, only with prior approval of the Student Life Office and the Advancement Office. All flyers MUST be approved by the Student Life Activities Coordinator prior to publicizing event or activity.
- To receive and maintain status as an official Heritage University club/organization, _________________________________ (name of club/organization) agrees to:
- File an approved constitution and/or bylaws with this application. This constitution must contain:
- A democratic plan for the selection of members without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or disability.
- Voting members must be students of Heritage University.
- Alignment with Heritage University goals.
- Adhere to all policies, which are set by the Heritage University Board of Directors, the Associated Students of Heritage University, and any organization, which may affect it.
- Maintain all moneys, checking and/or savings through the Heritage University Business Office. No off-campus commercial checking or savings accounts are allowed without prior approval of the Chief Financial Officer.
- Have all budget requests (petty cash, requisitions, contracts, etc.) signed by the club advisor and Student Life Activities Coordinator.
- Hold a minimum of one (1) organizational meeting per semester and maintain a minimum membership of five (5) members. If either of these minimums are not met, after one (1) year the organization will be considered inactive* all rights will cease to exist. The organization will have to reapply for future official recognition.
*The Student Life Office will advise the organization in writing of status.