The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs has a number of regulations that must be followed if you are receiving benefits and we are required to monitor your progress to ensure compliance. The following information will help you understand your responsibilities and what is needed to keep you benefits flowing in a timely manner.
We will do everything we can to see that your benefits start when possible and continue without interruption. If you have any questions regarding your benefits or if you need assistance, please contact Luis Gutierrez at Gutierrez_Luis@heritage.edu or (509) 865-8505.
What Chapter are you?
- Chapter 30 (Regular active duty - joined 7/1/85 to present)
- Chapter 31 (Vocational Rehabilitation - see your Vocational Rehabilitation counselor for appropriate paperwork)
- Chapter 33 (Post 9/11)
- Chapter 35 (Dependents - parent/spouse veteran, 100% service connected disabled or service connected death)
- Chapter 1606 (Guard/Reserve - not deployed)
- Chapter 1607 (Guard/Reserve - deployed at least 90 consecutive days or more)
Additional information on educational benefits:
- Veterans Education Benefits (determine eligibility for educational benefits) 1-888-442-4551
- Certificate of Eligibility (student will receive notification)
- VA Regional Office (general information and services) 1-800-827-1000
Telephone or Online Verification of Enrollment
MGIB - Chapter 30, 1606, 1607 educational benefits
- Confirm monthly Verification of Enrollment by calling 1-877-823-2378
- Visit WAVE and follow login procedures. If you have never used WAVE click the secure first time user link
For questions or comments, please contact Luis Gutierrez at Gutierrez_Luis@heritage.edu or (509) 865-8505.