At Heritage University, we welcome students who:
- Are motivated to learn
- Have a genuine desire to attend Heritage University
- Show evidence of being able to benefit from our educational programs
Our admissions procedure helps us gather information relevant to making a decision based on these criteria. Acceptance to Heritage University results from an overall assessment of an applicant's background. We do not set arbitrary standards for grades, test scores, courses taken or achievements.
A student who has met graduation requirements from an accredited high school is eligible for admission. Heritage University also admits students who have successfully completed testing requirements for a GED.
While no specific high school subject matter is required for admission, the college recommends that prospective students complete three years of English, three years of history, one year of laboratory science, two years of mathematics, and four years of other academic subjects such as language, social science, etc.
The high school graduate or GED applicant for admission submits the following documents to the Admissions Office:
- A University Admissions Application or a Washington State Application Form: Available from the Heritage University Office of Admissions or apply online.
- An official high school transcript or GED transcript with test scores: After admittance, credit may be given for College Level Examination Program (CLEP) or Advanced Placement (AP) coursework.
- A University Placement Test: The assessment testing is done in the Academic Skills Center. Completion of the assessment is necessary before a student can be officially admitted to the college.
Additional information provided for College Bound Seniors from College Bound Scholarship Washington.