Spanish Translation >>
We are currently recruiting for 4 part-time (no more than 12 hours per week) CAMP Peer mentors. Please review the job description and the simple CAMP application. Candidates must attach a copy of his or her resume to the application when submitting for consideration. The position closes on August 12, 2014. All applications, questions or more if more information is needed, please contact either Pamela Alvarado (Alvarado_P@heritage.edu) or Idalila Aguillon (Aguillon_I@heirtage.edu) in the CAMP Office (509) 865-8659.
If you are applying to Heritage University and have a migrant/seasonal farmworker background, the College Assistance Migrant Program (CAMP) is for you. We help students stay in school and explore both academic and career choices. CAMP provides the information students need to make informed decisions in shaping their futures.
The CAMP Program is also designed to help students begin their college careers. CAMP participants will receive a variety of services, which may include: financial aid in the form of a scholarship, tutoring and many other resources.
Who is eligible?
How to apply
- Permanent Residents or U.S. Citizens.
- Freshmen (29 semester credits or less) enrolled full time at Heritage University.
- Migrant and/or seasonal farmworkers, and/or their immediate family. Must have worked for either wages or personal subsistence, at least 75 days during the past 24 months in agricultural work-- defined as any activity directly related to: 1) the production of crops, dairy products, poultry or livestock; 2) the cultivation or harvesting of trees; or 3) fish farms).
Apply and be accepted to Heritage University
Provided proof of eligibility – requires a copy of one of the following:
- W-2 Form(s)
- Check Stubs (totaling 75 days worked or more)
- Certificate of Eligibility (from having participated in the Migrant Education Program)
- A copy of the eligibility contract from the WIA-167 (OIC Washington Farmworker Investment Program or NCAC)
Complete a Heritage University Scholarship application
Provide a copy of your Student Aid Report