the Professional Teacher Certificate is the second level of Teacher Certificate in Washington. ALL Residency Certificated Teachers in the State of WA, with a minimum teaching experience of 1.5 FTE years must complete the WA ProTeach Portfolio assessment within the timeline specified by the state -- 3 to 5 years.
Heritage University offers a SUPPORT PROGRAM designed to help the Residency Certificated Teacher make sense of the state-mandated external assessment WA ProTeach Portfolio. Our program consists of three courses which are taught face-to-face at the CBC Campus in Pasco or Online using Blackboard Collaborate and our LMS MyHeritage.
3 Step Support Program
ED 504E ProTeach Portfolio Support 1 (2 credits, 30 hours
- Meeting dates: August 12-16 (Monday - Friday) and 8/22 for online
- Meeting Times: 8:30 - 3:30 (F2F): 9-11 am & 1-4 pm (online)
- Meeting Place: F2F at CBC Pasco or Online
Intensive one-week course where the focus is to "get the big picture" of the STate mandated requirements for Residency Certificated TEachers to pursue and obtain the Professional Certificate. ProTeach Portfolio candidates will discuss the 3 standards/12 criteria in depth to prepare a Draft Needs Assessment, and 3 Draft professional growth plans. Grade: Pass/No Pass. Course description is subject to change in accordance with Washington State requirements..
ED 504E Pro Teach Portfolio Support 2 (2 credits, 30 hours)
|Face to Face at CBC Pasco
||Online via Blackboard Collaborate
- Meeting Dates: 9/12; 10/3, 24; 11/14; 12/5; & Arranged
- Meeting Day/Times: Thursday 5:30-8:30 pm
- Meeting Dates 9/5, 12, 19, 26; 10/3, 24; 11/7, 21: 12/5
- Day/Time: Thursday 6:00-7:30 pm
Review of the ProTeach Portfolio Entries; Prepare School/Classroom Profile; Selection of a Professional Growth Team; 3 Professional Growth Plans approved by PGT; Selection of Focus Students; Introduction fo Quality ?Evidence to document "At Standard" for all 12 criteria. Begin work on all 3 Entries for the ProTeach Portfolio. Final requirements for this course is accordance with Washington State requirements.
ED 504F ProTeach Portfolio Support 3 (2 credits, 30 hours)
- Meeting dates: January to May Exact Dates TBD
- Meeting Day/Times: Thursday, 5:30-8:30 pm
- Meeting Place: Online or F2F at CBC Pasco
Third and final step in the ProTeach Portfolio Support Program; Candidates will review and consider edits/comments provided by faculty as they continue to collect evidence/artifacts to document at standard for all 12 criteria, analyze evidence. Candidates are responsible for the Registration and payment fee to submit their ProTeach Portfolio for external assessment. Grade: Pass/No Pass. Course description is subject to change in accordance with Washington State requirements.
- $1200 for the Support Program or $400 for each step/course; Clock Hours available separately.
- $870 per credit if the program is intended as graduate courses which may be applied to the Master of Education in Organizational Leadership with ProTeach Portfolio Support.