Heritage University President's Scholarship for Outstanding Graduate Students (2014-15)
The Heritage University President's Scholarship for Outstanding Graduate Students exists to support remarkable students pursuing master's degrees in selected fields at Heritage University.
The President's Scholarship is available to new full-time graduate students pursuing one of the following degrees:
- Master In Teaching (M.I.T);
- Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Organizational Leadership, including specializations;
- Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Educational Administration;
- Master of Arts (M.A.) in English.
The ideal candidate for the President's Scholarship will:
- Have an exemplary academic record;
- Share the Heritage Passion to change lives, work with traditionally underserved populations, and pay forward the gift of education;
- Be respected by professionals able to judge his or her capacity to excel in a challenging graduate program and beyond; and,
- Have limited economic resources.
Preference will be given to candidates meeting all four criteria. However, candidates do not need to meet all four criteria to receive an award.
Academic Year: 2014-2015
Application Due: 11:59 PM on 6/15/2014. Applications should be submitted as early as possible and will be evaluated on a rolling basis.
Anticipated Award Notification: 7/30/2014, or within 14 days of being admitted to a graduate program and submitting completed scholarship application.
Award Amount: Between $1,000 and $20,000
Disbursement Method: Awarded as a credit to the student’s Heritage University account upon registration for classes at the start of each consecutive term of enrollment in the amount of the total scholarship award divided by the number of terms required to complete the program as a full-time graduate student. Disbursements may be discontinued if a student fails to make satisfactory academic progress or fails to register on time for each consecutive term.
Awards Available: Varies.
Application Method: Apply electronically via TheWashBoard.org
Eligibility: Only students enrolling for the first time in one of the specified Heritage University graduate programs are eligible. Employees of Heritage University and their family members are not eligible. Students who have earned an associate or bachelor’s degree at Heritage University are eligible only if they meet all other eligibility requirements. All scholarship selection decisions are final and are at the complete discretion of Heritage University. Heritage University reserves the right to update or modify these terms at any time.
Applications for the President’s Scholarship are accepted only via theWashBoard.org.
Award decisions will be based on the following four criteria:
- Academic Achievement - Submit official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate coursework, as well as official records of any relevant test results (SAT, ACT, WEST-B/E, GRE, etc.). Records can be submitted via TheWashBoard.org or mailed to: Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships, Heritage University, 3240 Fort Road, Toppenish, WA 98948.
- Personal Statement - In 500 words or less, answer the following question:
The Heritage University community— students, faculty and staff— share a common mission, vision, and passion. We strive to change lives, work with traditionally underserved populations, and pay forward the gift of education. How will you use your degree to further the mission of Heritage University?
- Letter of Recommendation - Obtain one letter of reference from a professional who can speak to your persistence, your commitment to learning and your ability to succeed in a challenging graduate program and beyond.
- Demonstrated Financial Need - Complete the 2014-2015 FAFSA and include "Heritage University" to ensure that financial information is transmitted to the Heritage University Office of Financial Aid.