Heritage University President's Scholarship for Outstanding Graduate Students
Apply today to earn a $5,000 scholarship toward your first year in a qualifying Heritage University graduate program. Up to $40,000 will be awarded to students this fall. Full details, including deadlines, eligibility requirements and restrictions can be found below.
To apply, create a student profile at theWashBoard.org, the Washington State college scholarship clearinghouse. When you complete your profile, you will be automatically matched with private scholarships for which you qualify. Complete a single scholarship application for hundreds of scholarships around the state!
The Heritage University President's Scholarship for Outstanding Graduate Students exists to support remarkable students pursuing master's degrees in selected fields at Heritage University.
The President's Scholarship is available to new full-time students pursuing one of the following degrees:
- Master in Teaching (M.I.T.) via Heritage University's Traditional MIT Program;
- Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Organizational Leadership and;
- Master of Arts (M.A. in English).
The ideal candidate for the President's Scholarship will:
- Have an exemplary academic record;
- Share the Heritage Passion to change lives, work with traditionally under-served populations, and pay forward the gift of education;
- Be respected by professionals able to judge his or her capacity to excel in a challenging graduate program and beyond; and,
- Have limited economic resources.
Preference will be given to candidates meeting all four criteria. However, candidates do not need to meet all four criteria to receive an award.
Academic Year: 2013 - 2014
Application Due: July 31, 2013
Anticipated Award Notification: August 5, 2013
Award Amount: $5,000 per person (A total of up to $40,000 is available.)
Disbursement Method: Awarded as a $1,667 credit to the student's account upon registration for classes at the start of each of the first three consecutive terms of enrollment.
Awards Available: Between 4 and 8 scholarships will be awarded.
Application Method: Apply electronically via theWashBoard.org
Eligibility: Only new students enrolling for the first time at Heritage University are eligible. Employees of Heritage University and their family members are not eligible. All application selection decisions are final and are at the complete discretion of Heritage University.
Applications for the President's Scholarship are accepted only via theWashBoard.org.
Award decisions will be based on the following four criteria:
- Academic Achievement - Submit official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate coursework, as well as official records of any relevant test results (SAT, ACT, WEST-B/E, GRE, etc.) Official records can be submitted via theWashBoard.org or mailed to: Graduate Scholarship, Heritage University, 3240 Fort Road, Toppenish, WA 98948.
- Personal Statement - In 500 words or less, answer the following question:
The Heritage University community - students, faculty and staff - share a common mission, vision, and passion. We strive to change lives, work with traditionally under-served populations, and pay forward the gift of education. How will you use your degree to further the mission of Heritage University?
- Letters of Recommendation - Obtain two (2) references from individuals who can speak to your persistence, your commitment to learning and your ability to succeed in a challenging graduate program and beyond.
- Demonstrated Financial Need - Complete the 2013-14 FAFSA and include "Heritage University" to ensure that financial information is transmitted to the Heritage University Office of Financial Aid.