The mission of the Physician Assistant Program at Heritage is to increase access to healthcare, particularly in the rural or underserved areas of the Pacific Northwest, by educating future Physician Assistants who will provide high quality medical care in a compassionate and competent manner.
Physicians Assistant Program Goals
In addition to the goals of Heritage University, the Physician Assistant Program has these goals:
- To actively recruit qualified candidates from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- To foster intercollegiate relationships to ensure applicants receive the prerequisite education and experience to become successful students.
- To provide a broad-based medical education, which will allow graduates to thrive in a dynamic health care environment.
- To equip the physician assistant students with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that are essential elements of professional practice and instill a desire for life-long learning.
- To provide opportunities for, and encourage involvement in, professional activities and organizations that advance the physician assistant profession.