Leading from the Inside Out
August 7, 8, & 9, 2013
Heritage University Main Campus
3240 Fort Road
Toppenish, WA 98948
Click here for full schedule
Dr. Johnnie McKinley, Presenter and Organizational Change Consultant
Author of Planning for Effective & Culturally Responsive Teaching & Learning, Dr. McKinley will discuss Leading From the Inside Out through her experience in organizational development, training, conference presentations, marketing, and program evaluation.
Dr. Robert J. Starratt, Professor and Chair, Educational Administration & Higher Education
Author of Ethical Leadership, Dr. Starratt will share the ethics of leaders in a keynote address and host a conversation in a breakout session.
Micah Cawley, Mayor, City of Yakima
Micah brings a fresh perspective to leadership roles and will share his thoughts on high profile leadership roles and how to achieve your goals.
Dr. Elaine Beraza, Superintendent of Schools, Yakima School District
Dr. Beraza, former Superintendent of the West Point Dependent Schools, will share her success creating collaborative leadership teams.
Focus on Leadership and Cultural Relevance
The Heritage University Online Graduate program continues its commitment to provide high quality culturally relevant professional development to aspiring and current organizational leaders in Washington State. National, regional, and local leaders came to our region in the first year of the Organizational Leadership Academy and brought inspiration and new leadership strategies to those in attendance. Once again, the Summer Leadership Academy will focus on Leading from the Inside Out. The Academy will be infused with nine Organizational Leadership Skill Sets and six Culturally Relevant Skill Sets.
Organizational Leadership Skills Sets
- Working with Adult Learners
- Knowledge of Content and Application
- Change Process
- Systems Thinking
- Building Trusting Relationships
- Planning and Facilitating Meetings
- Dealing Positively with Conflict through Mediation
Culturally Relevant Skill Sets
- Validating – Leading to and through strengths
- Comprehensive – Maintaining cultural identity/heritage
- Multidimensional – Incorporates many aspects of learning and leading
- Empowering – Helping others achieve dreams
- Transformative – Respecting the rich variety of peoples
- Emancipatory – No single truth is total and permanent
GraduateOnline@heritage.edu or 509-865-8599