One-day seminar for college and university faculty.
July 19, 2013 or August 19, 2013
10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
3240 Fort Road
Discussion Leader: Kristen Maxwell (email@example.com)
Focus is two-fold:
- Help our elementary teacher candidates be successful in mathematics, including passing the state exams (West-B and West -E)
- Give our candidates the tools they need to help their future students be successful with the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics.
Plan: To build a statewide faculty learning community based on these ideas:
- Start with one-day seminar this summer
- Opportunities to participate in online discussions or help sessions throughout Fall and Spring semesters
- Two-day seminar next summer
Costs and Benefits:
- Free to college and university participants
- Snacks and lunch will be provided
- $200 "honorarium" to cover cost of travel
- Free book
Purpose: To collaborate about mathematics and mathematics methods courses we require for our elementary education teacher candidates.
Who is invited: All Heritage University and Community College instructors of professors who teach mathematics to future elementary mathematics teachers.
Space may be limited.
Any questions? Please contact Michelle May - (509) 865-8526 or firstname.lastname@example.org