|The Heritage University Principal and Program Administrator Certification Program, with optional M.Ed. in Educational Administration, is tailored to meet the needs of experienced educators who aspire to leadership roles in K-12 systems.
Apply for the Principal/Program Administrator Residency Program
|Announcing: Heritage University is adding the Professional Certification (ProCert) for Principals and Program Administrators -
Heritage’s individual attention and holistic approach to your education ensures you leave as a well-prepared leader in the ever-changing and advancing education environment. Instructors include superintendents, assistant superintendents, and principals with years of experience in their fields. You’ll learn the latest in educational theory and gain real-world experience and insights from people who know what works.
During the program, you’ll build a portfolio of research-based experiences that speak to the Interstate School Leaders Licensure Consortium (ISLLC), Association of Washington School Principals (AWSP) Criterions, and current Washington State Legislature standards.
INNOVATIVE PROGRAM DESIGN
- Blended online and in-person learning
- Cohort model maximizes opportunity for networking and collaboration
- Coursework aligned with the leadership frameworks used to evaluate practicing administrators
- A balance of theory and practice with projects that enable students to apply new learning to solving real school issues in their own contexts
- Cycles of inquiry, action and reflection help students develop the knowledge, skills and dispositions needed to be effective leaders of change.
- Courses and assignments build on one another to create an astonishing foundation and road map for the internship experience and professional portfolio required for certification
- Instructors are experienced school and district leaders
CONVENIENCE AND QUALITY
- Complete coursework and internship in two years while working full-time
- Take two courses per semester in core program, with a staggered schedule to help you focus on key projects
- Participate in synchronous online classes in the evening, from anywhere with high-speed internet access
- Collaborate with cohort colleagues during five in-person seminar days per academic year
Heritage University Professional Certification for Principals and Program Administrators (ProCert)
The innovative Educational Administration program at Heritage University just got even better! Heritage is now the only provider of the Administrative Professional Certification located in our region. Our goal is to provide ongoing support for our Heritage graduates and to establish a thriving Professional Learning Community of our outstanding instructional leaders. Working with our program graduates and partner districts we want to encourage leaders to serve and stay in our region as we continue to build our outstanding program at Heritage.
The Ed Admin ProCert is offered over the course of one academic year at a cost of $1800 (plus a $100 lab fee for the 360-degree assessment instrument). NOTE: The Principal/Program Administrator ProCert
does not qualify for financial aid nor does it
qualify for postponement of any student loan payments. Contact Financial Aid
for more information.
Heritage Ed Admin graduates can receive a 50% reduction in the enrollment cost for successfully recruiting one candidate into the Principal or Program Administration Program and a 100% reduction in the enrollment cost for successfully recruiting two candidates.
The Heritage Ed Admin ProCert Program is offered as a hybrid online competency-based program with three on-ground seminars during the program. Based on the PESB Standards the experience will be grounded in the great work you are already doing at your school and in your TPEP evaluation process and will culminate in a relevant, rigorous, and valuable action research project. Your participation in the Heritage ProCert Program will connect you to an outstanding network of leaders in an ongoing Professional Learning Community.
Apply for the Administrative Pro Cert Program
For additional information contact Dr. Ken Bergevin at Bergevin_k@heritage.edu