The Accounting Department offers a Bachelor of Science in Accounting degree as well as an Accounting Technician Certificate and supports accounting requirements for other degree and certificate programs offered at Heritag University. Heritage also provides the additional curricula to satisfy the Washington State Board of Accountancy 150-hour rule for those students wishing to pursue careers as Certified Public Accountants
The accounting program curriculum at Heritage is consistent with the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) education framerwork, called the AICPA Core Competency Framework for Entry into the Accountign Profession. This framework addresses personal competencies, funciontal competencies, and broad business perspective, which are considered vital for entry into the accounting profession.
Heritage University graduate will be qualified for successful entry into professional accountacy. Those students who wish to pursue the Certified Public Accountant designation will have their program individually tailorer to satisfy the 150-hou rule of Washington State as well as the student's need. Additional coursework will be tailored to the needs fo each student and will include a balance of communications and advanced accuontancy, as well as leadership and effective team-building skills.
Degrees and Programs Offered
The Accounting Department offers courses to complete the following degree and program:
Bachelor of Science Degree (B.S.)
Area: Accounting Technician
Learning outcomes for accounting graduates:
- Students will understand the role of accounting within a business environment.
- Students will be able to apply accounting concepts, principles, standards, and processes.
- Students will demonstrate information technology skills as they apply to today’s business environment to solve business problems.
- Students will demonstrate the capability to recognize patterns in information and to reach rational conclusions.
- Students will demonstrate awareness of different ethical issues that they are likely to face in a business environment.
- Students will demonstrate the capacity for responsible and timely work.