In this section you will find tips and suggestions for you to try with your children and family. If you have a tip of your own, please feel free to share it and we can post it on our site. Remember, Parenting is the most important job that we will ever have AND the one we are least trained for. ☺ Hopefully this corner will reduce some of our stress and maybe even give us a few laughs.
Now that the middle of summer is here and hopefully the hottest part is over, here are a few tips to share to keep the dog days of summer at bay.
- Sunscreen, sunscreen and more sunscreen. Even if the sunscreen is waterproof, you may still want to reapply it after your child has gotten wet and rubbed themselves dry with a towel.
- Don't forget to get the tips of their ears. Especially on the boys. They do not have any hair to cover their ears and they can get sunburned too.
- Have lots of water available. We may remember this when we are hot and dry, but even poolside, our insides need water.
- Bug repellant is necessary whether we are in the back yard or camping. Remember our little ones are short and closest to the group so bugs can get to them quickly and easily.
- When it gets closer to school and you need to get your household back into the routine of school hours, try this. Wake them up earlier and earlier for about a week. This is easier than trying to get them to bed earlier while it is still daylight. Soon they will start getting tired earlier and the battles will reduce.
Enjoy the rest of your summer and we hope to see you come September.